Sunday 15 July 2012

So who is this BizGeek, anyway?

Hi,grab some sofa.  How'd you take your coffee?

Let me introduce myself.  I'm Jon Green.  I'm a geek.  And, yes, I'm a techie, but I'm also a geek of business.  I've worked for and in enough of them to know what works and what doesn't - and these days I run a few, too.  You might want to take a look at Adeptium Consulting, my business and technical consultancy, for instance.

This blog spun out of another, Just This Side Of Sane (just-this-side-of-sane.blogspot.com), or JTSOS for short.  Originally, that was a quirky blog - the name's a hint! - with no real focus except for its author.  I've found that what I'm increasingly posting there is comments, observations, predictions and diatribes about business: mostly the technology sector, but with some broader commentary too.  It seems like the right time to move those posts to a location that's a little more...hmmm...mentally sound?

Sometimes the articles are completely serious, but mostly I write with humour.  (I'd write with humor instead, but the UK import duties are horrible, and don't you find that humor tends to dry up if stuck in Customs and Immigration for too long?)  That's who I am, someone who enjoys entertaining his audience whilst he's delivering his message.  If I'm doing my job properly, you're nodding and chuckling, often at the same time.  If you want cracker-dry business information, check the Business shelves at your local bookstore instead.


When I've time and will, I'll be copying the business articles from JTSOS to here - I won't delete them, so that your links stay working - and JTSOS will become more of a personal blog.  More humo(u)r, less business, and quite possibly more crows too.

So that's me.  Jon Green, BizGeek.  Welcome to my newest blog.  Hang around, help yourself to coffee, and if you're at a loose end, you'll find some magazines on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment